Posted by:
Alisha Ernst
Student, Kansas State University
| PCMA Student Union: Character Counts |
As far as my three objectives I am happy to report I met all of them.
1. Meet an individual who holds a position in the industry that I have not even fathomed
I met one attendee who I believe their position is focused on creating introductory music to help set the mood for opening events.
2. Attend a lecture that intimidates me and see what I can gain from it
On Monday, I attended “International Incident: Prepare for the Unexpected”. I have had the opportunity to study abroad, but I have never worked abroad. I was blown away by international challenges that had actually occurred to the panel. I found the round table session, where we worked with meeting professionals to address different international scenarios, very beneficial.
3. Learn what the industry is doing to go green (as this is one of my major passions)
One of the most unique features I learned in this area was not from a session, but from the MGM Grand itself. On one of the trash cans I saw a sign that indicated that all of the trash was sorted for recycling. This meant the MGM Grand was not leaving it up to the guests they had already made the commitment to going green itself. I was excited that PCMA had picked a venue that was committed to the environment.
| PCMA Student Union: Character Counts |
Overall I had an amazing time meeting many people and attending amazing events. Everything from Party With a Purpose to the Opening Ceremony to hearing the conference start with the Jersey Boys truly was incredible! It was amazing first meeting I look forward to many more including San Diego next year!
Photography by Jacob Slaton

No comments:
Post a Comment